HSE Manager - Townsville | QLD - Other
|Category:||Safety Health & Environment|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jul-2018|
- Autonomous role, part of the site leadership team
- Drive a culture of safety through coaching & influencing
- Townsville location
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager to join our Townsville Site. The HSE Manager will have a strong focus on coaching of the line managers to ensure continuous improvement of Safety, Health & Environment procedures across the site. This role will also lead the implementation and management of the GF Safety and Environmental Systems.
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, and forming part of the site leadership team, the key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop a culture & implement standards which ensure a safe workplace & prevent injuries, and monitor & report on workplace HSE performance
- Ensure the injury management process is sufficiently followed for all injured employees as well as manage claims & RTW plans, reviews and guidance on actions required
- Participate where required in the resolution of safety issues
- Facilitate training and education on HSE matters
- Support the National HSE Manager to implement the HSE strategic plan & drive improved HSE performance across the site
- Build relationships, manage and influence stakeholders in a positive way
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum Certificate IV in WHS or similar
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years site HSE operational and systems experience
- Report writing, including audit, incident, and affidavit material
- Comprehensive understanding of Australian OH&S, Qld Workers Compensation, & Australian environment legislation
- Presentation, facilitation, and coaching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation, facilitation and coaching skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, in a site undergoing significant investment and change.
Employing around 5,000 people across Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji and New Caledonia, our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.