Senior Product Development Technologist | Sydney
|Category:||New Product Development|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2018|
- End to end product development with a market leading FMCG
- Opportunity to work on high profile NPD projects
- Permanent Fulltime, North Ryde location
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for a dynamic, driven, influential and passionate Senior Product Development Technologist based in North Ryde. Reporting to the Product Development Manager - In Home Baking & Food Service, you will be an integral member of the R&D team, responsible for leading product development for a portfolio of projects and launching new products/packaging into various categories for Goodman Fielder.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead development of new products (to agreed Product Development Brief), value engineering of existing product, tender process &/or change of suppliers, shelf life testing and support Capital projects.
- Ensures product development processes & regulatory constraints/opportunities are taken into account when developing products
- Design, deliver and report on any test baking, factory trials, shelf life testing or nutritional testing, documenting and interpreting all data generated.
- Develop project timelines and key milestones with business stakeholders highlighting and communicating risks appropriately. Proactively seek solutions for risk mitigation
- Maintain comprehensive records and documentation of all key development activities, including raw material & finished product specifications, factory trial reports and SAP data.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong end-to-end product development and project management experience
- As a guide, a minimum of 7 years' experience in a product development role ideally within FMCG
- Degree in Food Technology or Science
- Good knowledge of the food industry
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Strong Analytical, Project Management, Problem Solving, Commercialisation Experience
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.