Customer Portfolio Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. Based in our new North Sydney office, this position forms a part of the Group IT team, and reports to the IT Director. This is a permanent role with the responsibility to provide a close Business/IT link for delivering effective IT services for the Customer Engaging functions of the Goodman Fielder Business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with key Goodman Fielder Business Functions
- Understand business issues and liaise with relevant IT Leaders to maintain alignment between the IT initiatives and the current and future direction of the Business.
- Sit on and proactively contribute to the market leadership team meetings.
- Bring to the business the latest technology in the industry relevant to the Customer Engagement functions, and how Goodman Fielder could benefit from such initiatives.
- Advise and influence customers at senior management level regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of IT services and systems and to develop an effective partnership whilst at the same time acting as the ambassador for the IT function.
- Uncover and proactively address IT issues arising within the Business function back to IT.
- Having accountability for the delivery of the portfolio of IT initiatives for the Business function supported, working with relevant areas of IT.
- Work with the business and project managers to define the concept papers and business case for all projects related to the customer.
- Work with the senior IT management team to develop an agreed portfolio of work for the Customer Business function.
- Work with the IT management team to ensure that project managers and other resources are engaged appropriately to support the agreed projects of work.
- Monitor and report on program and portfolio changes with the business and IT at each stage of the lifecycle and to ensure actions are always in place to ensure effective delivery.
- Work with the project managers and the IT Project Management Office to provide regular reviews of progress against milestones to the business and IT management as appropriate, identifying risks, slippages and proposing mitigating actions to ensure agreed program benefits are delivered.
- Maximise internal efficiencies and effectiveness by best use of resources across IT.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including establishing and sustaining strong client relationships. This should include exposure to Executive/Director level.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Portfolio management experience – overseeing the delivery of a portfolio of IT initiatives through all stages of the project life cycle. The candidate will be involved in developing and evaluating concept papers and business cases.
- IT strategic planning ability – working with customers and IT to develop strategic plans. Must display a strong customer focus background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- People management and leadership, particularly managing people without direct authority.
- Broad understanding of the food manufacturing, marketing and distribution industry
- Broad knowledge of technology as relevant to Sales and Marketing, CRM, Ordering and Promotions Management, knowledge of Salesforce would be a distinct advantage.
What can we offer you?
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.