Business Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. Based in our new North Sydney office, this position forms a part of the Group IT team, and reports to the Commercial and Business Intelligence Director. This is a newly created permanent role with the responsibility to liaise with relevant business change teams to gather and manage business requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with relevant business change teams to gather technical and non-technical business requirements.
- Utilise relevant business analysis techniques to perform solution analysis and design. This could include but is not limited to:
- Requirements Management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.)
- Enterprise Analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
- Requirements Analysis (process modelling, organisation modelling, use cases, etc.)
- Support development of Concept Papers and Business Cases for identified opportunities
- Inform Business Partners of potential continuous improvement opportunities
- Identify opportunities for training needs across the organisation
- Promote a culture of innovation. Continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team and the IT organisation as a whole.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Familiarity with business engineering system concepts and principles as well as complex modelling techniques
- Good working knowledge of the IT environment; application and infrastructure
- Ability to effectively evaluate risk and articulate using technical and business language
- Knowledge in business specific processes and can manage customer expectations
- Ability to align business unit sub-processes to enterprise business processes
- Ability to describe major activities, tasks and deliverables of functional requirements analysis
- Experience playing an active or lead role in preparing requirement documents
- Ability to produce detail-level functional requirement documentation
- Ability to lead functional requirement walk through and quality reviews
- Experience in assessing business benefits, costs and risks on multiple types of projects
- Experience in developing business cases and capital project requests
- Broad understanding of the food manufacturing, marketing and distribution industry
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management stakeholders
What can we offer you?
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.