Business Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2018|
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. Based in our North Sydney office, this position forms a part of the Group IT team, and reports to the Enablers & International Portfolio Manager. This is a newly created permanent role with the responsibility to liaise with relevant business change teams to gather and manage business requirements, predominantly across Finance, HR, and Procurement functions, but with scope to work across other areas of the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with relevant business change teams to gather technical and non-technical business requirements.
- Utilise relevant business analysis techniques to perform solution analysis and design. This could include but is not limited to:
- Requirements Management (requirements traceability, baselining, etc.)
- Enterprise Analysis (benchmark studies, feasibility analysis, SWOT, etc.)
- Requirements Analysis (process modelling, organisation modelling, use cases, etc.)
- Support development of Concept Papers and Business Cases for identified opportunities
- Inform Business Partners of potential continuous improvement opportunities
- Identify opportunities for training needs across the organisation
- Promote a culture of innovation, as you continually seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team and the IT organisation as a whole.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Familiarity with business engineering system concepts and principles as well as complex modelling techniques
- Good working knowledge of the IT environment; application and infrastructure
- Ability to effectively evaluate risk and articulate using technical and business language
- Knowledge in business specific processes and can manage customer expectations
- Ability to align business unit sub-processes to enterprise business processes
- Ability to describe major activities, tasks and deliverables of functional requirements analysis
- Experience playing an active or lead role in preparing requirement documents
- Ability to produce detail-level functional requirement documentation
- Ability to lead functional requirement walk through and quality reviews
- Experience in assessing business benefits, costs and risks on multiple types of projects
- Experience in developing business cases and capital project requests
- Broad understanding of the food manufacturing, marketing and distribution industry
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management stakeholders
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together resulting in a highly collaborative environment. We are undergoing significant change within the IT function and as a business, and you will play a critical role in driving this change through effective business analysis and business partnering.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.