Project Manager - QLD | QLD - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. Reporting to our QLD/NT Engineering Manager, you will be based at our Burleigh Heads manufacturing site with some travel to our Townsville and Darwin sites required.
The Project Manager is part of the QLD/NT Engineering team that supports the business and the wider Operations group through the delivery of capital works projects. This role will provide excellent project management capability and engineering technical skills to support the overall Engineering strategy and Capital Works plan.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the delivery of a program of capital works projects (budget range $20k - $1.5m) at the Burleigh Heads, Townsville and Darwin sites
- Provide a professional project management and project engineering capability to the sites whilst ensuring an ongoing focus on lifecycle product costs, process efficiency and innovation
- Preparation of project proposals detailing the business opportunity, justification, operational implications, timeline and costs.
- Management of key projects with the group. Demonstrating and developing best practice project management.
- Project cost tracking and cost management
- Development detailed technical specifications incorporation into tender/contract documents. Execution of recognised contract tendering processes. Contract management and management of contract boundary limits
- Support the prioritisation of projects within the approved capital investment program
- Financial management of program of works within portfolio, including cash flow forecast, monthly measurement of cash flow performance and developing capital and savings budgets
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Engineering and Project Management roles within Manufacturing – Food manufacturing and FMCG preferred.
- Project Management experience with the ability to effectively manage several projects concurrently
- Understanding of contracting principles and contract management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Thrive on change/complexity and copes with ambiguity
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Initiative and ability to self start and self-motivate
- Must be action oriented and have a sense of urgency
- Use of Project Management tools and Business Applications software (eg. MSProject, SAP etc)
- Ability for travel to operating locations as needed for the role
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, with the scope to develop and grow your career. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be an employer of choice in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.