Retail Sales Manager | Philippines
|Category:||Sales & Marketing|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
In March 2015 Goodman Fielder was acquired by Wilmar and First Pacific. In partnership we have a strong platform of brands and combined horsepower. Wilmar has over 450 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. First Pacific owns 50% of Indonesia's largest food company, Indofood.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
Reporting to the Country Manager - Philippines you will be part of the Sales and Trade Marketing team and be responsible for Effective management of GFIPI, Distributor and Sub-Distributors sales operations within a given supervisory area (called a "Unit") to ensure the achievement of sales objectives.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the sales operations of Goodman fielder, Distributor and Sub-Distributors to consistently achieve the Unit's sales volume targets every month and on an annual basis by product category
- Develop, recommend, implement and evaluate business-building programs to exploit identified opportunities in the trade within your Unit in coordination with the Group Sales Manager and the distributor/sub-distributor owner or management.
- Conduct business reviews for the distributor and sub-distributors on a semestral basis to evaluate their performances and provide clear, actionable directions and plans for continued business growth
- Manage the activities of distributor and sub-distributor sales to achieve superior distribution (i.e. product usage) in as many RETAIL/FS accounts possible.
- Ensure that all distributor and sub-distributor sales are properly trained and effectively discharge their respective functions to meet business objectives.
- Ensure that all reports required of the Unit and of each territory in the Unit are accurately and completely done in the prescribed format and submitted promptly to ensure sales management is fully informed and updated on Unit results and plans.
- Ensure that company assets assigned in the Unit (vehicle, computers, printer, promo materials, company forms, etc.) are properly secured, maintained and fully utilized.
- Competitive Reporting - Provide immediate, complete and accurate reports on significant competitive activities as they occur in the Unit, e.g. new products, price changes, promo activities, etc., to ensure management is fully informed and can promptly react as warranted.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Specialized or Technical Knowledge - College Degree
- Key Account selling experience
- Marketing, Economics or Business Management major
- Selling experience in the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) and/or food service industry
- Persuasive oral communication and negotiation skills and above average written communication skills.
- Must have good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
- Knowledge in using computers with familiarity in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Willing to be assigned and based outside of Metro Manila.
- Good moral character, aggressive, resourceful, with strong initiative and results oriented.
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Asia Pacific region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
Please note: Only those with working rights for the Philipines will be considered for this role.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.