Manufacturing Manager | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jun-2018|
- Fast paced 24/7 operations
- Leading FMCG food manufacturer
- Integral part of the Site Leadership Team
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
This is a career defining opportunity to lead a complex, fast moving, and dynamic FMCG manufacturing operation. We are now looking for an influential Manufacturing Manager based at our large bakery site in Clayton, VIC.
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, you will be an integral member of the Operations team, responsible for managing one of our largest bakery sites in Australia with the ability to inspire a large and diverse workforce to drive step change throughout the site.
Striving towards best practice across all functions including production, engineering, quality, people management, continuous improvement and SH&E is paramount. This is a high profile, people and results focused role, with the emphasis on engagement & culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership, coaching and direction to Team Managers
- Partnering collaboratively with stakeholders within Operations and cross functionally; participating in cross-functional project teams as required
- Increasing and foster engagement and collaboration across site
- Initiating and implementing a continuous improvement program to improve plant efficiencies and overall operational performance
- Fostering consistent frameworks across all areas of production that incorporates a focus on waste reduction
- Establishing effective communication mechanisms with other functions and business teams
- Supporting, developing and driving the OH&S, Hygiene and Environmental programs for the manufacturing teams and specific improvement project teams
- Implementing Quality, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures applicable to the position
- Driving and improving the planning efficiency for the site
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field (Engineering, Food Science etc.) desirable
- 5+ years' experience in Manufacturing Management
- FMCG experience, ideally in a similar food production environment
- Continuous Improvement or Lean Focus experience highly regarded
- Strong computer literacy and data evaluation skills
- Demonstrated people leadership skills with success driving a high performing team culture
- Demonstrated ability to drive cultural change
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. This is a career defining opportunity to lead a complex, fast moving, dynamic FMCG manufacturing operation.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.