IT Service Design & Transition Manager | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-May-2018|
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across New Zealand, Australia and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Vogel's, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Edmonds, Puhoi Valley, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
About the Opportunity:
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. Reporting to the Head of IT Operations and Infrastructure, this role can be based in either our North Sydney or Auckland office, and will work closely with various stakeholders across our NZ and Australian businesses.
This position, as part of the Group IT team, is concerned with all aspects of the Service Design and ensures that effective service readiness and operational acceptance has been undertaken to ensure that the Service is supportable upon go live.
It is initially a 12 month fixed term contract role with the possibility of extending beyond the initial term.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain the seamless transition of new services, infrastructure and applications from programmes / projects into production ensuring there is optimal fit between agreed project scope and operational support models and approved budgets.
- Develop and own the operational transition document for each assigned project.
- Influence and direct project managers and resources (including business representatives) in regards to operational requirements and standards.
- Arrange, own and facilitate review sessions during the life of the respective projects regarding the transition process with the relevant stakeholders and budget holder.
- Drive the transition of projects into live service ensuring minimal disruption to production IT services
- Ensure that the requirements for ongoing support aligned to agreed SLA's and service targets are identified and appropriately addressed by projects
- Facilitate and lead workshops and discussions with all levels of the IT organisation (senior managers and cross-functional technical teams) to complete service designs (Service Definition, Support Agreements/models, Catalogue items), capturing results and producing related processes and documentation.
- Undertaking analysis to build out service definitions, service topologies, and update associated support models and engagement channels.
- Work within the principals of ITIL (v3) to align to the specific Service Design outcomes within the context of other IT Service lifecycle phases (Strategy /Transition/Operations and Continuous Service Improvement).
- Be the owner of the Change Management processes.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Experience in the provision of key services encompassing applications, datacentres, servers, desktop, internet/intranet, networks and Service Desk.
- Experience in ITIL (ITIL v3 Foundations certified as a minimum).
- Previous exposure to Service Level Agreements and their practical implementation.
- Design of service models that underpin the delivery of IT services in a multi-vendor outsourced environment
- Good understanding of Project and Service Delivery processes
- Good understanding of the management and mitigation of risks when delivering and supporting outsourced I.T. services.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal and able to articulate complexities into easy to understand concepts
- An understanding of Service design and IT services within large Enterprise environment and or exposure to large transitions/transformation initiatives in multi-sourced environments.
- Experience in design/improvement of ITSM processes - specifically Service Design Phase. Eg. Request fulfilment, Service Catalogue management.
- Experience developing Service Delivery documentation as part of a large transition/transformation program.
- A deep understanding and practical experience in the delivery of IT Service Management Support /IT Operational capability improvement initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, with the scope to develop and grow your career. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be an employer of choice in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.