Brand Manager - Groceries & Imports | Papua New Guinea
|Category:||Sales & Marketing|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2018|
- Fixed Term Contract - Papua New Guinea
- Highly recognised consumer food brands
- FMCG Organisation with career growth opportunities
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Asia Pacific, Australia and New Zealand. Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea is one of PNG's largest food companies, manufacturing and distributing high quality Flour, Stock Feed, Snacks and Bakery products throughout the country.
The company owns a host of iconic brands which include; Flame Flour, Flame Stockfeed, Bilas Bread, Twisties, Skel Rice and the Meadow Lea range. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We are currently experiencing times of changeand growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
We are currently recruiting a Brand Manager based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea on a 3 year fixed term contract. This is a great opportunity with a competitive remuneration and benefit package. You will be an integral member of the Marketing team, responsible for the continual engagement and exposure of Goodman Fielder brand portfolio. You will confidently develop and own the strategic direction of the portfolio, making a strong contribution to a high performing team culture within Brand Development and Innovation and overall contribution to the Company.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Report directly to the National Trade Marketing Manager
- Manage, develop and grow the brands encompassing both existing products and planned innovation initiatives
- Manage the category P&L, delivering against the commercial metrics of volume, gross margin, category EBIT and Quality
- Represent the brands in the market through signage, ranging and distribution
- Effectively plan and manage large, high-profile Innovation projects
- Contribute to product ranging and price/volume mix to optimise Sales/Revenue returns
- Increase profitability and market share of the product portfolio by recognising opportunities
- Communicate cross functionally to improve efficiency and effectiveness of business
- Keep up to date with relevant trends in the category, consumer and trade dynamics that impact on performance
Experience required to be successful:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline – Business, Marketing, Communications highly regarded
- Brand marketing experience gained within the FMCG/Consumer Goods industry
- Brand equity and research experience
- Proven experience managing multiple NPD projects
- Proficient with MS Office with strong numeracy skills
- A natural self-starter with strong persuasive skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong communication, negotiation and organisational skills with genuine passion for the consumer foods industry
What to expect from us:
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect an opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. You will be given decision making authority across; brand range, NPD pipeline, DME allocation and ROI, promotional activity plans/strategies, media insights, and research for innovation, packaging and consumer insights.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information on this job opportunity or other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details to be notified of relevant job opportunities as they arise.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!