Cost Accountant | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2018|
- Be a true business partner – facilitate decision making
- Deliver best practice in GF's product costing process
- Convenient location in North Sydney
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our goal is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times!
About the opportunity:
Across our business, we are executing a dynamic growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. Currently, we are looking for an experienced Cost Accountant who can act as a true business partner to our group procurement team and our R&D team.
Reporting to the Costing Manager, you will be responsible for facilitating and delivering best practice in GF's product costing process, supporting business case development and decision making. This is an ideal opportunity for a lateral thinking individual who enjoys working in cross-functional teams and can think strategically.
You will be responsible for:
- Being a true business partner by facilitating operational and strategic decision making through insights and recommendations
- Providing technical specialist support in facilitating accurate product costs roll up through SAP for finished goods across the business
- Ensuring BOM, route and system structures reasonably reflect actual cost and product complexity
- Developing tools to analyse quarterly movement of site standard costs to ensure accuracy and understanding of movements
- Providing tools to accurately analyse the impact of cost changes on inventory, PPV and margin.
- Maintaining and developing tools to provide clear and concise analysis of Month End results vs forecasts and budget
- Supporting NPD, value engineering, and strategic business case product cost analysis
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience
- Minimum 1-2 years manufacturing costing experience
- SAP/ERP experience
- ACA/CA Qualified or CIMA Qualified
- Collaborative and constructive personality to act as a business partner
- Strategic outlook and lateral thinking capabilities
- Proven process documentation experience
- Experience in product costing or operational costing highly regarded
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.