Maintenance Electrician | QLD - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2018|
- Townsville bakery site
- Leading FMCG organisation, great team
- Permanent, full time opportunity
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position is central to the improvement of the plants key maintenance metrics through continued improvement and upgrading of existing electrical controls, automation and machinery. Working as part of a small maintenance team, you will help support the transfer from a reactive maintenance environment towards a proactive automated environment, and then to an excellence-based culture, in order to promote long term asset sustainability.
Specifically you will:
- Develop, implement & manage electrical reliability/maintenance programs & projects for critical assets across the site
- Monitor and report on maintenance performance measures
- Compile action plans based on analysis of maintenance performance reports
- Conduct service and repair of mechanical plant and equipment within the facility
- Contribute to work order planning, capacity planning and work prioritization
- Lead implementation for Electrical Controls upgrades and Real Time Operational Information monitoring programs (SCADA, Historian, MES, OFS)
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Trade Certified Electrical Fitter Mechanic qualification
- 3 years' experience in similar role
- High level of knowledge of the Electrical Standards & Regulations
- Awareness of the Machine guarding and Electrical Safety Standards & Regulations
- High level of PLC programming and implementation skills
- Ability to program and develop HMI and Scada systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and able to collaborate with teams across the site
- Proactive by nature, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Please note that working a shift rotation is a requirement of this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, with the scope to develop and grow your career. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be an employer of choice in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.