Maintenance/Mechanical Fitter | QLD - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2018|
- Townsville bakery site
- Leading FMCG organisation, great team
- Permanent, full time opportunity
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position will be responsible for providing high quality maintenance and repairs to equipment throughout the plant, with a strong emphasis on proactive / preventative maintenance, to ensure we achieve acceptable production levels and a high standard in engineering support. The position is central to the improvement of the plants key metrics through continued improvement and upgrading of existing mechanical, pneumatic and machinery components.
Specifically you will:
- Improve operations performance through site focused mechanical upgrades and maintenance improvements
- Conduct preventative maintenance to plant and equipment within the facility
- Conduct service and repair of mechanical plant and equipment within the facility
- Diagnose faults and carry out modifications to mechanical plant and equipment as required
- Maximise use of materials and resources to achieve high efficiencies to produce optimum equipment availabilities
In order to be successful in this role you will require:
- A Mechanical Trade Certificate, with at least 3 years' experience in a similar role
- Metal fabrication/welding experience, with a high level of mechanical aptitude and ideally experience in pneumatic systems
- Awareness of the Machine guarding and Electrical Safety Standards & Regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and able to collaborate with teams across the site
- Proactive by nature, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Please note that working a shift rotation is a requirement of this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, with the scope to develop and grow your career. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be an employer of choice in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.