Tax Accountant | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Jul-2018|
- Great opportunity to develop your Tax career in a small, experienced team
- CA or CPA qualified (or in progress) required
- Based in North Sydney
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more.
The overall purpose of this role is to support the Tax Managers and the Head of Tax with the provision of taxation advice, and ensure compliance with direct and indirect tax obligations across the Goodman Fielder Group.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, and part of a small and high performing team, you will be responsible for:
- Taxation compliance: Preparation / review and lodgement of GST, BAS, FBT and WHT returns for Australia, New Zealand and Singapore; review of monthly tax effect accounting and tax sensitive GL accounts; assistance with income tax return preparation; review of contractor data for Payroll Tax returns; maintenance of tax balance reconciliations and software.
- Assist with the provision of tax advice to meet requests from the business, in particular in relation to GST, FBT and state taxes, including the determination of the appropriate GST treatment of acquisitions and supplies.
- Remain current with taxation law changes and developments to GST, FBT and state taxes as relevant for the Group, and recommend changes as appropriate
- Identify areas for process improvement and use of technology tools, recommend approaches, and implement as appropriate
- Develop strong working relationships with key Accounts Payable, Finance, HR, IT and Fleet management team members
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications (Accounting, Commerce, Law)
- 2+ years AU or NZ indirect tax experience, with corporate tax experience viewed favourably
- CA or CPA qualified (or in progress)
- SAP experience would be preferred but is not essential
- Ability to apply technical expertise in a commercial manner
- Excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to build effective and collaborative relationships across the business, and be highly team orientated
- Self-motivation, pro-active and organised, able to work with minimal supervision while managing competing priorities
- Ability to identify business improvements and implement change
You will be joining a highly collaborative and experienced team of Tax professionals, enabling you to take your tax career to the next level.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.