Senior Food Technologist - Ingredients | Sydney
|Category:||R&D & Quality|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2018|
- Do you enjoy bringing products and ingredients to life?
- Exciting BRAND NEW role to be an Ingredients lead for a portfolio of projects
- North Ryde based, full-time permanent
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
In March 2015 Goodman Fielder was acquired by Wilmar International and First Pacific. In partnership we have a strong platform of brands and combined horsepower. Wilmar International has over 450 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. First Pacific owns 50% of Indonesia's largest food company, Indofood.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for a dynamic, influential and passionate Senior Food Technologist based in North Ryde. Reporting to the Senior Product Development Manager, you will be an integral member of the R&D team, responsible for being an Ingredients lead for a portfolio of projects, and working in a cross functional team launching new ingredients and premixes into various categories for Goodman Fielder.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading ingredient and pre-mix approvals to product brief and/or change of suppliers
- Conducting bench scale and commercial trials and shelf life testing
- Ensuring ingredient approval processes and regulatory requirements are followed
- Designing, delivering and reporting on any testing, factory trials, shelf life testing or nutritional testing
- Developing project timelines and key milestones with business stakeholders
- Maintaining comprehensive records and documentation of all key approval activities, including raw material & finished product specifications, factory trial reports and SAP data.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Degree in Food Science/Technology
- As a guide, 5+ years' experience in a Food Technologist and/or Quality role
- Solid ingredients expertise and project management experience
What can we offer you?
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.