Industrial Maintenance Electrician - Canberra | ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2018|
- Drive your career with a leading FMCG organisation
- Play a lead role on exciting new projects!
- Canberra based
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be based at our Fyshwick bakery manufacturing site in Canberra. The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for providing high quality electrical maintenance and repairs to equipment throughout the plant, with a strong emphasis on proactive / preventative maintenance, to achieve acceptable production levels and a high standard in engineering support.
You will be responsible for:
- Completing all electrical maintenance, inspection and repair tasks on all aspects of the site plant and equipment
- Assessing and prioritising breakdown service requirements
- Conducting preventative maintenance to plant and equipment within the facility
- Continuously reviewing and investigating ways of improving the maintenance systems and practices on site to reduce cost and improve value
- On call availability required from time-to-time, including evenings and weekends
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Current Australian Electrical Practicing License (essential)
- Strong PLC knowledge with Allen Bradley (essential)
- Previous experience with continuous high speed processing and packaging equipment in an industrial environment or FMCG manufacturing experience (essential)
- High level of problem solving skills with the ability to fault find and resolve root causes
- Strong customer focus
- Mechanical aptitude
What can we offer you?
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.