Trade Qualified Bakers - Canberra | ACT
|Position Type:||Part Time (Flexible)|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2018|
- Opportunity to drive your career in a growing FMCG environment
- Join us and create great food that people love!
- Fulltime, Part-time and 6 month fixed-term contracts available, shift work including weekends
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in Australia. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Exciting opportunities have arisen for motivated and self-starting individuals who are looking for a rewarding opportunity as a Production Operator to join our team based in Canberra. Reporting to the Team Manager's you will be an integral member of the baking production team, responsible for operating the machinery that makes our wonderful variety of breads.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring efficient production of all bread varieties according to daily orders
- Contributing to any safety, quality or continuous improvement ideas
- Ensuring machines are set up correctly
- Carrying out basic ingredient preparation
- Preparing dough sheets
- Weighing and sieving dry ingredients and grains along with maintaining and reporting on raw material stock levels
- Maintaining mixing area and surrounds to comply with HACCP/ GMP/ hygiene and OH&S standards
- Ensuring minimal waste, and correct recording and disposal of waste
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, ideally food/baking industry or retail experience is advantageous
- Machine operating experience (desirable)
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, and come up with recommendations
- An understanding of food manufacturing principles, as well as familiarity with HACCP and the Food Standards Code, will be seen as a distinct advantage
What can we offer you?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, reporting to an experienced manager, at an exciting time for both our Canberra site and the overall Goodman Fielder business.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.