Senior Payroll Specialist | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2018|
- Market leading FMCG organisation
- North Sydney Head Office, supporting an offshore team
- SAP experience required, Kronos highly regarded
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. Based in our new North Sydney office and reporting to the Group Payroll Manager, this position forms a part of the Australian Payroll team, working across all of our Australian sites. The successful candidate will collaborate with the offshored Payroll transactional team (Bangalore, India) as well as the Sydney based Payroll team members and a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Accurate and timely end to end management of the AU payroll process (Weekly, Fortnightly and Monthly) in accordance with payroll deadlines, company policies and as directed by the Shared Services Manager and Payroll Manager
- Liaise with Shared Services Bangalore and manage escalations relating to the end to end AU payroll process
- Identify and implement areas of opportunity and suggest ways to enhance existing control, improve process, promote efficiency and eliminate unnecessary costs
- Work with HR to maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Agreements, Modern Awards, Collective Agreements and Individual Agreements
- Observe and flag any timelines relating to employment condition changes and any increases to an employee's wage / salary
- Generate and upload of wage -salary employee changes in line with any Enterprise Agreements, Modern Awards, Collective Agreements and Individual Agreement changes
- Provide support and relief to other members of the Payroll Team as required
- Demonstrate a commitment a deliver a high level of performance and accountability, both personally and within the payroll team
- Conduct reviews of Shared Services Bangalore activities and processes for accuracy and alignment
To be successful in this role you will need:
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in a multi-payroll environment
- Demonstrated ability and experience in end-to- end payroll processing
- Experience working with SAP and/or Kronos
- Exposure to EBA's, Modern Awards, CEA's and IEA's
- Understanding of technical and compliance related payroll matters
- Demonstrated knowledge of control processes
- Experience working with an off-shore team
- Demonstrated ability to operate as an effective team member
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills for liaising with employees , payroll contacts, business leaders and external parties
- High level organisational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines
- Customer service focus and Growth Mindset
What can we offer you?
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together, resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.