National Quality Manager | Sydney
|Category:||R&D & Quality|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2018|
- Leading FMCG organisation, senior QA role
- Iconic and loved consumer food brands
- Extensive manufacturing operations nationally
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, Olive Grove, Pampas and many more.
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, with a vision to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love. Our mission is to meet our customers' needs for superior quality and nutritious everyday foods with brands that are trusted by families everywhere. Our customers and suppliers benefit from our relationships. We are the go-to source of consumer, shopper and customer insights to help our customer and business partners succeed.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for an influential and passionate National Quality Manager based in Sydney or Melbourne. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be an integral member of the Operations Team, responsible for leading the Australian Quality team by providing quality and food safety support to the wider business to ensure that Goodman Fielder products are safe, fit for purpose and of the highest quality.
- Proactively lead and champion the development and implementation of a quality plan, designed to deliver brilliant quality and build pride in GF products
- Influence and engage with key stakeholders to simplify and sell the quality message and plan across the business
- Build a strong, successful and motivated Quality team with a focus on talent development and building a high performance culture
- Monitor and analyse customer complaints and report complaint trends and drivers to the business to enable improved performance
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with major customer quality functions e.g. Coles and Woolworths; suppliers and service providers
- Manage customer requests for technical quality and information in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with GF Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures
- Partner cross functionally with Product Development, Operations & Process Development to identify and implement product initiatives to improve quality and food safety
- Ensure compliance with all legal, company and regulatory standards relating to quality and food safety
Skills and requirements to be successful:
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar Senior QA leadership role (essential)
- Tertiary qualified in Science/Food Technology (essential)
- Prior experience within the FMCG industry, food manufacturing (desirable)
- Working knowledge of BRC, Coles and WQA standards (desirable)
- Strong leadership capability with ability to build successful team culture and performance
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence and engage at all levels
- Strong planning and execution ability
- High analytical and computer literacy skills
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.