HR Business Partner - Operations | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Aug-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.…to name just a few.
Reporting to our Senior HR Business Partner (Operations and Supply Chain), this role is responsible for leading the strategic and operational HR outcomes for our largest manufacturing site in Christchurch and other sites across the South Island. As this is a multi-site operation, you'll need to have the ability to travel between NZ sites. This role is expected to contribute to business plans and implement HR initiatives across employee relations, performance management, change management, workforce planning, engagement, training and development, recruitment and selection and career/talent management.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive a culture of performance and accountability by partnering with the leadership team on the Performance and Development planning cycle
- Advise Managers on HR policies/practices/procedures/legislation, and drive continuous improvement of HR practises
- Assist and coach Managers to effectively manage ER processes
- Guide and partner Operations leads in ER negotiations to deliver strategic and commercially viable outcomes
- Ensure HR initiatives are pragmatic, commercial, and linked to business performance
- Work with the lead team to identify internal talent and assist in creating targeted development plans
- Work with the Talent Acquisition Team to ensure recruitment is aligned to business strategy, budget, and headcount
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field (preferred)
- 3-5 years' experience working in an HR Business Partner role in fast paced, dynamic organisations
- Solid foundation in HR with emphasis on ER/IR, with an understanding of local legislation/regulations
- Previous exposure to unionised environments and experience working with unions
Excellent judgement, drive, and initiative
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent conflict/dispute resolution and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership, coaching, and influencing skills, with a drive to succeed through times of change
- Experience in FMCG (preferred however not essential)
This is a highly visible role; with the opportunity to work within a high performing and respected HR function in a truly commercial business partnering role.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.