Senior Commercial (Procurement) Manager - GF Ingredients | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2018|
- Market leading FMCG organisation
- Ingredients business development
- Huge growth opportunities
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more.
In March 2015 Goodman Fielder was acquired by Wilmar International and First Pacific. In partnership we have a strong platform of brands and combined horsepower. Wilmar International has over 450 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. First Pacific owns 50% of Indonesia's largest food company, Indofood.
The majority of our Goodman Fielder leadership team is based at our head office in North Sydney. The team has full autonomy and decision making authority, meaning our ideas and goals can be made reality.
We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor and driver of. We are now looking for an influential, passionate and dynamic Senior Commercial Manager - GF Ingredients based at our Head Office in North Sydney. Reporting to the Group Commercial Manager you will be an integral member of the Group Commercial function and the Goodman Fielder Ingredients business.
GF Ingredients is a new business within Goodman Fielder, therefore this position will be operating “end to end” throughout the value chain responsible for leveraging market knowledge to source ingredients at internally and externally competitive price points, driving value, eliminating waste and providing true commercial expertise within the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating strategic commercial relationships and providing sustainable supply solutions
- Developing strong working relationships with key business stakeholders including; logistics, operations, supply chain, sales, QA, vendors, and 3rd parties
- Supporting the continued growth of GFI and its vendors, delivering on our goals of best in class quality
- Developing suppliers and supply chains that will support rapid growth
- Validating strategic sourcing approach and conducting Procurement Risk Assessments
- Understanding total delivered cost and implementing opportunities to deliver lower costs
- Managing stock and supply base to support GFI growth and excellent customer experience
- Developing expert knowledge of product portfolio, including global macro forces and S&D ensuring strong competitive advantage
Qualifications and skills to be successful:
- Tertiary Qualification in relevant discipline (Commercial, Business, Agricultural)
- Practical FMCG experience in Supply Chain and Commercial/Procurement
- Ingredients category management and strategic sourcing experience
- Intermediate finance knowledge and breadth of industry experience
- Value chain experience and understanding of Lean Principals
- Proven negotiation and strong presentation skills
- Strong project management and data analysis capability
- Highly motivated and driven attitude with a collaborative working approach and demonstrated capability to influence without authority
- Entrepreneurial spirit and "can do" attitude
- Curious, passionate and insightful leadership qualities
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven, commercially savvy team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.