Commercial Manager - Packaging | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Aug-2018|
- Market leading FMCG organisation
- Strong team capability and company culture
- Influential opportunity to truly add value
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians and New Zealanders have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, White Wings, Praise, Meadow Fresh, Edmonds, Puhoi Valley and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
In March 2015 Goodman Fielder was acquired by Wilmar International and First Pacific. In partnership we have a strong platform of brands and combined horsepower. Wilmar International has over 450 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. First Pacific owns 50% of Indonesia's largest food company, Indofood.
Our Goodman Fielder leadership team are based at our head offices in Sydney and Auckland. The team has full autonomy and decision making authority, meaning our ideas and goals can be made reality without too much red tape. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for an influential, analytical and passionate Commercial Manager - Packaging based in North Sydney. Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, you will be an integral member of the Group Commercial function. You will be responsible for driving value, eliminating waste and providing true commercial expertise across the Australia, New Zealand and International business.
You will be responsible for:
- Exceptional business partnering via effective working relationships with relevant internal stakeholders
- Providing insight and recommendations to our stakeholders as required (i.e. Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Operations)
- Ensuring decision making is collaborative and aligned to broader strategies and category plans
- Defining the ‘go to market' strategy (public RFT, RFX, direct negotiation etc.) and sourcing objectives to secure quality of supply, rationalise the overall supplier base and achieve consistent cost savings
- Undertaking market assessments that identify supplier market depth in region and globally
- Issuing RFP's, negotiating, evaluating and executing contract agreements
- Ensuring Suppliers are segmented, categorised and managed accordingly, with key focus on strategic relationships, improvement and innovation
- Reviewing and understanding the end to end supply chain for each category to drive value creation
Qualifications and skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Commercial role, and/or Supply chain and Logistics
- Experience in a physical supply chain environment highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to proactively seek out opportunities to drive commercial value
- Strong negotiation, project management and influence skills
- Highly motivated and driven attitude with passion for transformation and challenging the status quo
- Curious, passionate and insightful leadership qualities
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven, commercially savvy team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.