Production Team Manager - Food Manufacturing | QLD - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Aug-2018|
- Burleigh Heads, bakery manufacturing site
- Join a growing business undergoing significant change
- Oversee high volume production and packaging lines
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We are on an exciting journey at our Burleigh Heads baking facility, a 24/7 operation based on the Gold Coast, which produces a range of iconic Goodman Fielder brands. As a result of continued investment in the business, we are now seeking expressions of interest from those looking to take their career to the next level within the Production Manufacturing environment.
About the opportunity:
Managing teams of up to 15 people, these roles will see you collaborate with a range of different teams across the site as you learn the new automated machinery within the breadroom facility, embed new ways of working with your teams, and continually improve our operating procedures over time.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of the manufacturing plan ensuring team compliance to all manufacturing standards including safety, quality, GMP and cost
- Support the development & implementation of the OH&S, Hygiene and Environmental programs for the manufacturing function
- Preparing Production Plans to deliver supply performance whilst minimizing waste
- Mentoring, coaching, training and developing the team
- Managing the crewing, rostering and supervision of the Production Team
- Driving a safety culture within the team
- Manage direct labour plans, minimizing use of casual workforce or overtime
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 5+ years of leadership experience ideally within FMCG manufacturing environments
- SAP experience highly regarded
- Strong leadership capability and focus on continuous improvement
- A proven ability to achieve results through others
- Ability to influence and lead a team through periods of change
- A passion for food and the consumer goods industry
These positions will be a significant contributor to the continued success of the Burleigh Heads manufacturing site; and hence the continued growth and success of the Goodman Fielder business.
So if you're keen on joining a growing FMCG business, and helping us transform the way we distribute our products to our customers, submit your details via the 'apply now' button. Please note we have a range of available shifts available. Please enter your shift preferences via the application process.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.