Value Engineer - Commercial/Procurement | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Aug-2018|
- Market leading FMCG organisation
- Influential opportunity to truly add value
- Utilise your operations, supply chain or engineering background
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians and New Zealanders have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, White Wings, Praise, Meadow Fresh, Edmonds, Puhoi Valley and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
Our Goodman Fielder leadership team are based at our head offices in Sydney and Auckland. The team has full autonomy and decision making authority, meaning our ideas and goals can be made reality without too much red tape. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for an influential, analytical and passionate Value Engineer based at our Head Office in North Sydney. Reporting to the Head of Commercial - Operations, you will be an integral member of the Group Commercial function. You will be responsible for exploring all facets of our business, supply chain and operations to identify continuous improvement initiatives, eliminate waste and drive value.
You will be responsible for:
- Exceptional business partnering via effective working relationships with relevant internal stakeholders
- Reviewing and understanding the end to end supply chain for each category to drive value creation
- Leveraging detailed understanding of our end to end supply and previous experience to identify and deliver value projects
- Identifying and delivering value projects by working with our internal teams and suppliers
- Creatively disrupting our internal and external processes and norms
- Leveraging our supplier network to aggregate ideas and innovations
- Deploying a continuous improvement mindset
- Embracing a one touch philosophy to identify and eliminate over processing and waste within our supply chain
- Influencing internal and external stakeholders to find creative and sustainable commercial solutions
- Articulating the supply value drivers and apply them to prioritise work
- Accountability for driving EBIT growth in all markets
Qualifications and skills to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Commercial role, and/or Supply chain and Logistics role
- Experience in a physical supply chain environment highly regarded
- Strong project management skills involving the ability to influence, negotiate, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to proactively seek out opportunities to drive commercial value
- Highly motivated and driven attitude with passion for transformation and challenging the status quo
- Curious, passionate and insightful leadership qualities
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven, commercially savvy team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.