Baker | Darwin
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Aug-2018|
- Full time, permanent position
- Winnellie Bakery Manufacturing Site
- Good team culture and environment
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
About the opportunity:
We currently have a vacancy for a full time Baker to join the team at our Winnellie site in Darwin. As part of the production team, this role will contribute to the efficient operation of the plant with a focus on quality and safety.
This is a permanent position working 5.00am to 3.00pm Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The overall purpose of this position is to prepare dough, assist with weigh up, run the divider, oven and proofer. You will also be responsible for runing and setting up the plant in accordance with Goodman Fielder policies and procedures.
- Ensure the efficient production of all bread varieties according to daily orders while maintaining product quality standards
- Working safely at all times, following SOPs and producing product to quality standards
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area, and keeping timely and accurate documentation
- Contributing to any safety, quality or continuous improvement ideas
- Ensure machines are set up correctly
- Carry out basic ingredient preparation
- Prepare dough sheets
- Maintain mixing area and surrounds to comply with HACCP/ GMP/ hygiene and WH&S standards
- Continually monitor dough demand of the line, ensuring consistency and adjust accordingly
- Work on the production line which may include stacking of tins and/or tray changes
- Ensure minimal waste, correct recording and disposal of waste
- Participate where required in the resolution of safety issues.
- Trade Qualification – Baking (preferred)
- Process or food manufacturing operational experience
- HACCP awareness
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and to make decisions in all types of situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Excellent communication skills
- A great attitude towards health and safety
- Good literacy and numeracy skills