Group Payroll Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2018|
- Highly visible role within the business
- Leadership of onsite and offshore teams
- Leading FMCG Organisation
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, La Famiglia, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, One Night in Mexico, and many more.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to our Head of Shared Services, and working across Australia and New Zealand markets, this role is ultimately responsible for the efficient and accurate provision of contract administration; payroll and superannuation services for the GF Australia and New Zealand markets.
Based at our Head Office in North Sydney, you will be responsible for leading a small Sydney based team, in addition to a larger offshore team based in Bangalore.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the onsite and offshore teams to deliver accurate and timely Payroll processing & support services
- Manage risk through appropriate controls, and build effective working relationships with HR teams across the markets
- Support the Head of Shared Services in resolving strategic issues relating to payroll and employee services and implementing agreed actions
- Be a point person for interaction with key stakeholders in HR
- Establish a customer service culture within the teams and ensure that their services exceed customer expectations, and successfully build service partnerships with internal and external customers
- Build a culture of continuous improvement through effective development and coaching of team members
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications, or extensive experience in a similar role in a large organisation
- Ideally 3 - 5 years' experience in a Payroll leadership role, with an understanding of legislation across Australia and NZ, including strong knowledge of relevant EBA/CBA's
- Excellent judgement, drive, and initiative, and an ability to navigate a complex matrix structure in a shared services environment
- Strong leadership, coaching, and influencing skills, particularly with remote teams
- Previous experience using SAP and Kronos, gained in an in FMCG environment, would be ideal but not essential
This is a critical and therefore highly visible role; with the opportunity to work across multiple markets, and build strong relationships and processes as we build a best-in-class Payroll function.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.