Quality Assurance Coordinator | North Island - Other
|Category:||R&D & Quality|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Nov-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
Due to the expansion at our Ernest Adams site with the addition of Irvine Pies, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Quality Coordinator to join our close knit and passionate team in Palmerston North.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Food Safety, Gluten free, HACCP and Quality Systems/programs
- Establish strategy for continued improvement for forthcoming financial year
- Coordinate the review and audit of all procedures for Food Safety and quality systems
- Active member of all site / functional Maintenance Projects including the purchase or implementation of new or modified equipment, material, services or processes ensuring HAZOP principles are used
- Coordinate, document and prepare the Food Safety Site Performance Reports monthly and forward site management, and Head Office as required
- Co-ordinate the review and audit of Policies & Procedures and file all documentation
- Manage the data entry of all Site incidents, into the NCR Incident Reporting Database
- Coordinate the provision of relevant training in Food Safety/Quality Management for all staff
- Coordinate new employees participating in the Site Induction
- Maintain a Food Safety Training Matrix/Database. Coordinate the completion of training matrixes for standard operating procedures for bakery
- Ensure products meet specified requirements and are tested and inspected according to documented requirements
- Ensure non-conforming products are not released without approval of the Quality Manager or Corporate Quality Team
- Ensure any food safety or quality issues are escalated according to procedures
- Conduct and assist with Food Safety GMP audits, BRC, WQA according to Goodman Fielder policy
- Facilitate the conduct of external agency audits as required
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- 3 years' experience in Quality Assurance, Food Safety, HACCP
- Experience working with BRC, FSSC - desirable
- Previous exposure to external audits
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills with experience communicating with multiple levels of the business
- Tertiary Qualifications in Food Safety/Quality or NZQA standard in Foods Safety/Quality and Auditing
- A passion for quality and a customer focused attitude
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply Online and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.au and click Register to submit your details.