2 x Baker/Food Technologists - Full Time | Adelaide
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Nov-2018|
- Fast paced, 24/7 manufacturing site
- Bakery or Food Tech qualifications required
- Permanent, full time and part time roles
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
About the Opportunities:
We are currently looking for Qualified Bakers and Food Technologists to join us at our Forestville manufacturing site. The overall purpose of these positions is to prepare dough, assist with weigh up, run the divider, oven, and proofer and run and set up the plant in accordance with Goodman Fielder policies and procedures. Reporting into the Production Team Manager, you will work as part of the production team to ensure that our bread products are produced in a safe, timely and cost effective manner that meets quality and food safety standards.
We have a number of opportunities available. One of the full time positions available is a Leading Hand opportunity within the same team. This role is responsible for supporting the Team Manager with day to day responsibilities in 2IC capacity and working on the line to cover leave and breaks in the bakehouse.
Permanent, full time Leading Hand shift:
- Sunday, Monday: Days off
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9:15am – 6:15pm
- Friday: 11:15am – 6:15pm
- Saturday: 10:15am – 4:45pm
Permanent, full time Baker shift:
- Sunday, Monday: Days off
- Tuesday, Thursday: 10:15am – 6:45pm
- Wednesday: 10:15am – 7:45pm
- Friday: 12:15pm – 7:45pm
- Saturday: 11:15am – 5:45pm
Permanent, part time Baker shift (32 hours):
- Sunday: Day off
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 6:30am – 1pm
- Thursday, Friday: 6:30am – 2pm
- Saturday: Day off
- Safely operating bread manufacturing equipment
- Correctly preparing ingredients according to specified formulas
- Adhering to food safety procedures and company policies
- Reporting all injuries and hazards to you supervisors
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area
- Ensuring machines run in an efficient and uninterrupted manner
- Maintaining production waste within acceptable amounts
- Meeting deadlines in a busy work environment
- Keeping timely and accurate records of work activity
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Trade Qualification in Baking or Tertiary Qualification in Nutrition/Food Science
- Experience in a fast paced FMCG environment within the food industry
- Availability to work the required shift times on a regular basis
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of workplace and food safety
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- A positive work attitude and professional manner
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy
What can we offer you?
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and are looking for passionate and engaged individuals to join us and enhance our culture.
In return for your passion and commitment, we will help you to achieve your personal and professional growth and development objectives. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.