Production & Supply Chain Operator | QLD - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Nov-2018|
- Bakery manufacturing site
- Leading FMCG organization
- Multiple job roles available
We are on an exciting journey at our Townsville baking facility which is a 24/7 operation, which produces a range of iconic Goodman Fielder brands. Due to this growth, we have a number of new opportunities available. The roles include Production Operators, Distribution Team Members and expression of interest for Food Technologists. There are permanent full time and permanent part time positions available.
Production Operators – (Please note that working a shift rotation is a requirement for this role)
- Ensure the efficient packaging of all bread/roll varieties according to daily orders while maintaining product quality standards.
- Safely operating bread manufacturing equipment
- Correctly preparing ingredients according to specified formulas
- Adhering to food safety procedures and company policies
- Ensuring machines run in an efficient and uninterrupted manner
- Keeping timely and accurate records of work activity
Distribution Team Members - (Please note that working a shift rotation is a requirement for this role)
- Accurately make up contractor orders.
- Ensure accurate tagging of dollies for individual contractor runs are followed as per standards.
- Loading outbound vehicles.
- De-Boxing 3rd Party deliveries and Boxing 3rd party orders
- Monitoring bread and bag quality and reporting all product non-conformances
- Ensuring accurate tagging of dollies for dispatch
We are also looking for expression of interest for Food Technologists
- Support the development of new products, reformulations, new or change of suppliers or ingredients, sensory assessment, shelf life testing and nutritional analysis.
- Develop and appropriately communicate project timelines and key milestones highlighting and mitigating risks.
- Ensure nutrition & regulatory constraints are taken into account when developing products.
- Maintain comprehensive records and documentation of all key development activities.
We are looking for:
- Experience in warehouse management systems or experience in Food handling/Food processing industry with Manufacturing Environment experience
- Trade Qualification in Baking or Tertiary Qualification in Nutrition/Food Science (highly regarded)
- Forklift or Medium Rigid Truck license (highly regarded)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of food manufacturing principles, as well as familiarity with HACCP and the Food Standards Code
- A focus on safe working practices
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a proactive mindset.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all types of people
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
What can we offer you?
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve your personal and professional growth and development objectives. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.