ABAP Programmer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2019|
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more.
At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for a dynamic, technical ABAP programmer based in our head office in North Sydney. Reporting to Head of Application Solutions you will be an integral member of the Technology team, responsible for developing ABAP solutions to enhance or remediate the SAP systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support and maintenance to the SAP system
- Development and maintenance of custom objects (RICEF - reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms)
- Trouble shooting, problem solving and programming within the SAP R/3 environment.
- Apply OSS notes and support packages as required.
- Liaise with SAP in the identification and correction of system errors.
- Review functional requirements; develop enhancements; unit testing from a technical perspective; integration testing; produce technical specification; co-ordinate deployment of enhancements to the production and support pre and post go live fixes.
- Maintain effective communication with the functional consultants and integration consultant.
- Manage prototype development and testing.
- Help to implement best practices and ensure adherence to GFIT governance and associated processes.
- Build strong internal and external relationships to ensure best practice.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Broad experience (7+ years) with ABAP coding in an FMCG environment.
- Broad knowledge of end to end FMCG business processes.
- Be self motivated and self driven.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, set own priorities and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound understanding of ERP systems, particularly system interface relationships, software architecture and software configuration.
- Extensive experience in the processes relating to system enhancement, evaluation and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse business requirements and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Experience in trouble shooting, problem solving and programming within the SAP ECC6 environment.
What can we offer you?
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.