Group Accounts Payable Officer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2019|
- 6 month contract
- Join a leading FMCG organisation
- Gain experience working with an outsourced model
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more.
At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the opportunity:
We are currently recruiting a Group Accounts Payable Officer based at our Head Office in North Sydney on a 6 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Group Accounts Payable Supervisor , you will be an integral member of the Shared Services team, responsible for providing support to the Accounts Payable function including the Pricing, Payments, and Invoicing functions.
- Support and provide assistance to the Group AP Supervisor
- Support the outsource AP team, ensuring timelines are achieved
- Manage the timely and accurate processing of all requests from Shared Services Management
- Support the Commercial Procurement Pricing team with Material Contract creation, Price Updates and Block Release
- Ensure all payments are processed on time
- Ensure compliance with all relevant company policies and procedures at all times
- Ensure that all escalations from the business are managed and communicated to the relevant teams
- Manage coverage for other team members during periods of leave or where assistance is required
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Knowledge of SAP Accounts Payable and Purchasing modules.
- Knowledge of Readsoft AP highly desirable
- Experience working with an outsourced model highly desirable
- Demonstrated practical experience using Excel
- Proven reconciliation skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to assess problems and propose solutions
- Effective organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to gain valuable experience working in a dynamic and professional team.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.