Materials Planner | Sydney
|Category:||Supply Chain & Operations|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Mar-2019|
- Market Leading FMCG Organisation
- Nationally recognised consumer brands
- Leading the Materials Planning for Packaging
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. We are currently looking for a Materials Planner based at our North Sydney head office. Reporting to the Material Planning and External Manufacturing Manager, you will work closely with key internal stakeholders and external vendors.
The focus of this role is to drive performance adhering to KPI's in order to maintain the success of a growing organisation. Responsible for all company purchasing related functions, ensuring all production and sales requirements are met and inventory levels are maintained. This role is an integral member of the Supply Chain and Planning Team; will make a strong contribution to a high preforming Planning Team and team culture within Supply Chain.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring stock levels and determine best quantities for ordering
- Proactive management of all exceptions, including: backorders, overdue Purchase Orders
- Working with all internal departments, to forecast stock levels, and around stock replenishment issues.
- Liaising with supplier to maintain consistent stock levels on hand and manage expected delivery dates and proactively manage of all exceptions, including: backorders, overdue Purchase Orders
- Effective Participation in the S&OP Process with Suppliers
- Effective participation in NPD Process.
- Anticipating and resolving any supply issues that may arise and revolve with suppliers and if necessary arranging contingency products
- Establishing and managing inventory targets that support operations and financial objectives
- Maintaining planning system data to assure highest possible level of data integrity
- Delivering required reports, metrics and analyses as need in a timely manner
- Reduction of raw materials write off.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 2-5 years' experience in a supply chain planning role, ideally within the FMCG industry
- Project and change management experience with the ability to work with cross functional teams
- Good knowledge of end to end supply chain processes
- Strong pro-active communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Good reporting and proven analytical capability
- Strong ERP/MRP skills (with any experience of using SAP and an advantage)
- High levels of computer literacy particularly with Excel
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Strong internal & external relationship building skills
- High level of detail and accuracy and ability to work under pressure
- Continual improvement mindset
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, with the scope to develop and grow your career. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be an employer of choice in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now