Site Operations Manager - Bakery Manufacturing | ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Feb-2019|
- Join a leading FMCG organisation
- Lead the Canberra bakery manufacturing site
- Positive site culture and strong capability
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, La Famiglia and many more.
At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for an influential and passionate Site Operations Manager based in Fyshwick, Canberra. You will be an integral member of the Operations Leadership Team, responsible for a high performing Operations team. Our Canberra site is a 24/7 operation responsible for the manufacture and distribution of our bakery brands and La Famiglia garlic bread.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a site team of 50+ people across production, supply chain, logistics, engineering, quality and SHE
- Managing the Site Operational Budget
- Optimising resource usage, minimising cost and driving manufacturing improvements
- Championing Lean manufacturing principles and developing a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensuring delivery to tight production schedules and high customer standards
- Driving employee engagement at all levels through effective communication
- Taking pride in the Goodman Fielder brand, products and people; leading by example
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in addition to demonstrated manufacturing experience in a leadership role
- Related industry experience highly regarded (food, beverage, dairy or chemical)
- Prior experience successfully leading and motivating people
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies and lean principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an enthusiastic approach
- Ability to drive, influence and manage change processes effectively
What can we offer you?
With operations sites spanning across Australia, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. This role offers valuable insight into daily fresh, made to order production which will challenge and develop you professionally and personally.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.