Production/Slicing Operators | ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2019|
- Fast paced, 24/7 manufacturing site
- Full time permanent roles available
- Join us and create great food that people love!
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
About the Opportunities:
We are currently looking for Production Operators and Slicing/Packing Operators to join us at our Fyshwick Bakery manufacturing site which is a 24/7 operation. The overall purpose of these positions is to run the full production line prepare dough, assist with weigh up, run the divider, oven, slicing, packaging run and set up the plant in accordance with Goodman Fielder policies and procedures. Reporting into the Production Team Manager, you will work as part of the production team to ensure that our bread products are produced in a safe, timely and cost effective manner that meets quality and food safety standards.
3 Shifts available for Production Operators- 4 day Roster:
- Tuesday 4am-2pm, Wednesday- Friday 6pm-4am
- Saturday- Monday 6pm-4am, Tuesday 2pm-12am
- Saturday- Monday 8am-6pm, Wednesday 8am-6pm
3 Shifts available for Slicing Operators- 4 day Roster:
- Saturday - Monday 8am-6pm, Wednesday 8am-6pm
- Tuesday 7am-5pm, Wednesday – Friday 9pm-7am
- Ensure the efficient packaging of all bread/roll varieties according to daily orders while maintaining product quality standards.
- Safely operating bread manufacturing equipment
- Correctly preparing ingredients according to specified formulas
- Adhering to food safety procedures and company policies
- Reporting all injuries and hazards to you supervisors
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area
- Ensuring machines run in an efficient and uninterrupted manner
- Maintaining production waste within acceptable amounts
- Meeting deadlines in a busy work environment
- Keeping timely and accurate records of work activity
Type of experience you may have:
- Trained qualified Baker
- Food technologist or scientist
- Machine Operator
- Manufacturing/production line experience
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A focus on safe working practices
- Availability to work weekends, day or night shifts on a regular basis
- Ability to have a dynamic and flexible mindset.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a proactive mindset.
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- A positive work attitude and professional manner
- GMP food safety
What can we offer you?
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and are looking for passionate and engaged individuals to join us and enhance our culture.
In return for your passion and commitment, we will help you to achieve your personal and professional growth and development objectives. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.