Maintenance Storeman | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Mar-2019|
- Large food manufacturing and distribution facility
- Great onsite team culture
- 6 month contract at a market leading FMCG organisation
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, Meadow Lea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
About the Opportunity:
We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times. Reporting to our Maintenance Manager and based at our Erskine Park Manufacturing site, this 6 month contract will be an integral member of and make a strong contribution to a high performing Erskine Park team and team culture within the Manufacturing function.
The Maintenance Storeman is primarily responsible for the coordination and management of the stores, purchasing and receiving functions for the Erskine Park maintenance department. Also responsible for assisting with the preparation of financial, maintenance and management reporting as well as internal control of business systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Organization, optimization and maintenance of the stores, its inventory and systems
- Coordinating with the maintenance team on a daily basis.
- Obtaining optimal prices from preferred GF suppliers (local and overseas)
- Continually challenging the status quo in orders to ensure value adding for every purchase.
- A systems approach to stores management needs to be adopted with stock optimization and availability
- Research and understand maintenance purchasing requirements and prepare formal agreement documentation where required
- Freight cost analysis
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled and reviewed
- Provide support to Accounts Payable function to resolve transaction issues and supplier payment issues
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Mechanical / Electrical aptitude
- Experience with procurement and stores inventory control in similar industry.
- Adaptable and quick thinking, proactive learner
- Computer literacy – SAP highly regarded
- Ability to understand budgets, forecasts, and manage accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Negotiating, problem solving and decision making ability.
- Strong time management skills
What can we offer you?
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve your personal and professional growth and development objectives. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.