Commercial Finance Analyst | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-May-2019|
- Join a leading FMCG organisation
- Grow your career in a Finance team
- Permanent role based at our head office in North Sydney
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more.
At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for a highly motivated, analytical and detail orientated Commercial Finance Analyst. Based in North Sydney, you will be reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager, with a focus on development/modelling of budgets, driving the forecast process and the month end process for Baking and Grocery channels.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting a team of Commercial Finance Managers across the Retail portfolio
- Business partnering with the Sales and Marketing to provide commercial guidance
- Working with key stakeholders to drive budget planning, forecasting and month end accuracy
- Maintaining monthly reports and providing insightful commentary for Month End and KPI's
- Ensuring robust control processes are in place for DME spend
- Analysing pricing, trade spend for forecasts by account along with exception reporting for Demand Planning/Sales
- Assisting with critically evaluating promotional spend and effectiveness
- Assisting with commentary/analysis on the demand review process
- Claims Management
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce or Finance (desirable)
- CA/CPA or MBA qualification (desirable)
- 1 -2 years analytical business partnering experience
- Industry experience in Manufacturing and / or Retail trade (desirable)
- Computer literacy; strong systems skills, Business Intelligence, Data mining tools, SAP, BW, Excel, and reporting tools
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Ability to manage competing deadlines, problem solve and analyse effectively
- High attention to detail with strong planning/forecasting skills
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.
Applications close 23rd May 2019