Assistant Baker (Food Manufacturing) | SA - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jun-2019|
- Fast paced, high volume manufacturing site
- Full time opportunity, Monday - Friday
- Join us and create great food that people love!
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
About the Opportunity:
We are currently looking for an Assistant Baker to join us at our Forestville manufacturing site. The overall purpose of these positions is to prepare dough, assist with weigh up, run the divider, oven, and proofer and run and set up the plant in accordance with Goodman Fielder policies and procedures. Reporting into the Production Team Manager, you will work as part of the roll line production team to ensure that our products are produced in a safe, timely and cost effective manner that meets quality and food safety standards.
- Monday - Wednesday: 6am – 12:30pm
- Thursday: 6am – 4:30pm
- Friday: 7:30am – 6pm
- Assist the Team Manager with production requirements
- Ensure the efficient production of all bread varieties according to daily orders while maintaining product quality standards
- Working safely at all times, following SOPs and producing product to quality standards
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area, and keeping timely and accurate documentation
- Contributing to any safety, quality or continuous improvement ideas
- Ensure machines are set up correctly
- Carry out basic ingredient and dough sheet preparation
- Maintain mixing area and surrounds to comply with HACCP/ GMP/ hygiene and WH&S standards
- Continually monitor dough demand of the line, ensuring consistency and adjust accordingly
- Work on the production line which may include stacking of tins and/or tray changes
- Ensure minimal waste, correct recording and disposal of waste
Type of experience you may have:
- Qualified Baker or Food Technologist
- Manufacturing/production line experience
- A focus on safe working practices
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a proactive mindset
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- A positive work attitude and professional manner
- GMP food safety knowledge
What can we offer you?
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and are looking for passionate and engaged individuals to join us and enhance our culture.
In return for your passion and commitment, we will help you to achieve your personal and professional growth and development objectives. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.