Store Person (Warehouse & Distribution Operator) | Darwin
|Category:||Supply Chain & Operations|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jun-2019|
- Full time, permanent role based in Winnellie
- Join a leading FMCG food manufacturing organisation
- Warehouse stores experience & forklift licence required
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to create food that people love. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea and many more.
About the Opportunity:
We currently have a vacancy for a Store Person to join the Winnellie Bakery Site on a full time, permanent basis. As part of the distribution team, this role will make a strong contribution to a high performing team with a focus on quality and safety. You will be responsible for maintaining and controlling stock levels through purchasing, receipt and storage of raw materials, packaging and equipment. This role will also provide cross coverage in the load bay as directed.
Monday to Friday from 7am to 3pm.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels
- Carry out stock takes as directed
- Receipt raw materials and packaging
- Manage racking and pallets ensuring a safe work area
- Safe operation of equipment
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Picking and boxing of orders to meet KPI targets
- Adhering to food safety procedures and company policies
- Reporting all injuries and hazards to you supervisor
- Maintaining a clean and tidy work area
- Meeting deadlines in a busy work environment
- Keeping timely and accurate records of work activity
Requirements to be successful:
- Availability to work weekend shifts and overtime when required
- Forklift licence (essential)
- Experience using SAP (desirable)
- Experience in manufacturing or Food handling industry (desirable)
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and to make decisions in all types of situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a physically demanding role
- Knowledge of food safety principles and HACCP
- Strong awareness of health and safety standards
- Strong communication, literacy and numerical skills
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.