Maintenance Fitter / Slicer Operator | ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jul-2019|
- Bakery manufacturing site
- Leading FMCG organisation
- Permanent, full time opportunity
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people.
Reporting to the Site Maintenance Manager based at our Fyshwick Manufacturing site, this position is to provide high quality maintenance and repairs to equipment throughout the plant, with a strong emphasis on preventative maintenance, to achieve acceptable production levels and a high standard in engineering support. You will also support and operator machines relating to slicing and bagging of our bread products.
The position requires hours over a permanent night roster of 12 hour shifts of 4 days on and 4 days off.
- Lead a team of 5 operators in fast paced food manufacturing facility
- Ensure machinery is set up working optimality to reduce waste
- Diagnose faults and carry out modifications to mechanical plant and equipment as required.
- Maximise the use of materials and resources to achieve high efficiencies to produce optimum equipment availabilities.
- Fabrication/installation of new and reconditioned machinery is also an ongoing function of this position
- Ensure compliance to HACCP & BRC and required Quality and Food Safety policies procedures.
- Ensure the efficient packaging of all bread/roll varieties according to daily orders while maintaining product quality standards.
- Safely operating bread manufacturing equipment
- Adhering to food safety procedures and company policies
- Trade Qualification - Trade Certificate in Mechanical Fitting with welding and machining competence
- B Class Electrical License
- Strong PC Skills
- Good written and communication skills
- Organisational / project management skills
- High degree of General Trade based Technical Knowledge
- Manufacturing FMCG experience
- CMMS - computerised maintenance systems
How to Apply:
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business, with the scope to develop and grow your career. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be an employer of choice in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.