Treasury Settlements Officer | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2019|
- Are you experienced in banking or corporate treasury settlements?
- Do you enjoy a varied role where no day is the same?
- Do you have experience working in a fasted paced environment?
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
We value our people at Goodman Fielder and recognise that our success depends on our ability to attract and retain talented people. Based in our new North Sydney office, this position forms a part of the Group Treasury team and supports the Treasurer with the day-to-day management of the Treasury function to ensure the company meets its financial obligations, manages operational risk, and actively supports the business to deliver on the group's strategy.
You will be responsible for:
- settlement and confirmation of all trades dealt are recorded in treasury systems for all markets
(with initial focus on managing settlements for a related party business we are integrating into the group)
- settlements are authorised, and payments prepared by cut off times
- Management of all back office investigations including failed trades and deal confirmation discrepancies.
- Reconciliation treasury bank accounts & futures account statement balances
- Preparation of reports to parent company and other internal parties as required
- Updating and managing documentation for new and existing bank facilities
- Ensuring key internal controls are operating effectively on an ongoing basis
- Working with the Treasurer and Treasury Analyst to improve treasury workflow and automate process
- Ownership of transactional banking administration
To be successful in this role you will need:
- At least 1-2 years corporate treasury or bank settlements experience in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Exposure to treasury management systems and banking portals
- General knowledge of banking and finance
- General knowledge of financial market products
- MS Office intermediate / advanced level
- Ability to prioritise work
- Attention to detail
- Proactive mindset
- Calm under pressure
- Willingness to learn
- Communicates clearly and concisely (verbal and written)
- Ability to think laterally.
What can we offer you?
You will be joining a driven team of professionals who genuinely enjoy working together resulting in a highly collaborative environment. In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.