Engineer | North Island - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Dec-2021|
- Engineering role based out of our Huntly manufacturing site
- 4 days a week | Wed to Sat 10am – 7pm
- Seeking Qualified Maintenance fitter with FMCG experience
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join our Quality Bakers Huntly Site. This role is an integral responsibility for our Quality Bakers Huntly site and will lead and implement an on-going strategy for equipment reliability improvement across the site.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the execute site actions plans
- Support and develop sound business cases to support capex requests with attractive ROI. Deliver projects on time and in full
- Mitigate risk for our people, environment, and GF through the promotion of injury and incident prevention & management
- Mitigate quality risk for our consumers and brands through consistent delivery of quality standards
- Meet or exceed financial targets to improve total delivered cost of the engineering budget
- Support and drive operational effectiveness including DDS, reviews, improvement projects, actions plans, CI, plant maintenance, inventory etc
- Improve the reliability of machinery and challenge the status quo
- Schedule and perform regular routine maintenance tasks
- Attend to unplanned maintenance tasks (Breakdowns)
- Perform general Engineering, repairs when required
- Develop and Implement plant improvements to all machinery ensuring compliance with QA, Food Safety and HSE requirements
- Manage all mechanical the hazard register and ensuring they are closed out within agreed timeframes
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Trade Qualification and on the job experience ie, Machining, turning, fabrication, welding
- Previous experience in the FMCG/ food manufacturing industry would be ideal
- High level understanding of Engineering Manufacturing Process
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers..
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply and you will be taken to our careers page.