Engineering Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Dec-2021|
- Join a leading FMCG Company in a period of transformation
- Bring your 5+ years leadership exp within the manufacturing sector
- Lead from the front with a continuous improvement mindset
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is Making everyday food better for everyone. Our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the Region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end-to-end value chain when making decisions to optimise our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the Opportunity
Due to an internal move we are currently seeking an engineering Manager to join the team. The Engineering Manager is a key member of the Site Leadership Team Responsible for overall site reliability, maintenance and improvement of all equipment, stay in business (SIB) and productivity capital projects across the Erskine Park & Camellia sites.
Specifically, you will;
- Lead the Site Engineering team to deliver highly reliably equipment, process control and continuous improvement
- Ensure all maintenance and reliability solutions and projects are geared to delivering the production, safety and quality objectives
- Identify, plan, prioritise and execute capital improvement works across the assigned area of responsibility
- Create and maintain an eliminate waste and continuous improvement culture
- Deliver and beat financial objectives for the site Set clear expectations and goals for all members of the team that are aligned with the objectives of the strategic plan and the sites objectives
- Drive best practice reliability processes (Predictive maintenance, labour requirements, spend)
- Embed strong project management disciplines
- Develop a data driven decision making process that is aligned to the objectives of production
- Build capability within the team and to the broader production teams. From understanding basics to imparting technical competence to non-trade
- Lead from the front, set safety, environmental, quality and behavioural expectations and adherence
- Electrical or Mechanical Trade Qualifications – Essential
- Post trade qualifications in business management/ reliability/ planning/ condition monitoring Preferred
- Engineering Diploma &/ or Degree (Mechanical or Electrical) - Preferred
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- 5+ years' Experience in managing capital projects in a food/beverage manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Predicative maintenance solutions
What can we offer you?
With operations sites spanning across Australia, working as part of a highly-driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. This role will challenge and develop you professionally and personally.