Maintenance Fitter | QLD - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Dec-2021|
- Full time position
- Located at Murarrie
- Maintain and upkeep heavy automated machinery
Located in Murarrie, Queensland Bulk Terminals is Brisbane's newest bulk terminal facility. We are currently seeking energetic and experienced Maintenance Fitter to join our fast growing, customer focussed team.
Our Maintenance Fitters are required to work weekends, day and evening shifts, including 24 hour coverage at peak times to meet operational needs. The maintenance environment includes preventative maintenance, breakdown maintenance and minor project work.
The maintenance fitter will be responsible of the preventive and breakdown maintenance of plant and equipment therefore experience with a large-scale equipment is required, knowledge in Conveyors, Motors, Gearboxes is essential. Reporting to the maintenance team leader this role is essential to the ongoing success of terminal operations ensuring equipment is running efficiently and safely at all times.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Preventative maintenance of plant and equipment
- Resolve operational or technical equipment problems to minimise processing/manufacturing interruptions
- Ensure assigned trades work is completed safely and in accordance with quality requirements
- Initiate and complete Work Orders and ensure timely sign off / close off for completed work
- Commitment to the Company's Safety Policy
- Trade Quallified (Mandatory)
- Current ‘C' Class driver licence
- Welder experience in Heavy industrial plant (desirable)
- Experience in oxy acetylene gas, MIG/TIG welding repairs (Highly regarded)
- Experience in installation, operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant equipment
- Experienced with MEX maintenance system or similar (advantageous)
- Experience in exercising good judgment in appraising difficult situations and making appropriate decisions
- Ability to work automonously
- Proven commitment to and compliance with site safety standards
Looking for your next move in growing international company, What are you waiting for, Apply now!