Site Operations Manager | VIC - Other
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Jun-2022|
- Leading FMCG organisation in a period of growth and investment
- Site Leadership role based at our site in Dandenong
- Drive Product development for our Gluten Free range of products
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to make everyday food better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, Meadow Lea, La Famiglia and many more.
At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food business in the region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the opportunity:
Reporting to the Operations Lead for VIC, the purpose of this role is to Lead the operations and site performance of the Goodman Fielder Dandenong gluten-free site. This role is a great opportunity to come in and work with a relatively new product with uncapped potential driving product development for the market
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the Production, Maintenance, Supply and SHEQ teams to deliver the GFA strategy and Aspiration with a continuous improvement focus
- Ensure all improvement projects are geared to delivering the production, safety and quality objectives
- Develop a culture & implement SHE standards to ensure a safe workplace, social responsible operations & prevent injuries
- Create and maintain an eliminate waste and continuous improvement culture
- Deliver and beat financial objectives for the overall sites and region
- Set clear expectations and goals for all members of the site team that are aligned with the objectives of your strategic plan and the sites objectives
- Embed clear production processes (CI, DIF, OEE, Predictive maintenance, labour requirements, spend)
- Develop a data driven decision making process that is aligned to the objectives of production
- Created a methodical and consistent RCA process
- Build capability within the team of all site personal to create a collaborating and trusting Industrial climate
- Lead from the front, set safety, environmental, quality and behavioural expectations and adherence
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualification on Engineering for Food Science or business management
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- To have led production in a large complex organisation
- Experience with continuous high-speed processing and packaging equipment in a bakery or industrial food production environment or relevant experience in daily fresh environment
- Experience in a FMCG business
What can we offer you?
With operations sites spanning across Australia, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home-grown career across functions, locations and brands. This role offers valuable insight into daily fresh, made to order production which will challenge and develop you professionally and personally.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.