Safety Health and Environment Manager (SHE) | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||10-Jun-2022|
- Join the home of Helgas, Wonder and Praise
- Partner with our leadership team and lead our HSE agenda
- Site Based Role - Western Sydney
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is making everyday food better for everyone. Our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end-to-end value chain when making decisions to optimise our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
We currently are looking for a motivated Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager to join the team. Partnering with stakeholders within the Site leadership and operations teams, you will bring about transformation in process and culture to lead the Health, Safety and Environment agenda. With a strong emphasis on continuous improvement the successful candidate will be have proven experience at influencing Health, Safety & Environment outcomes across the site.
- Key contributor to the overall site leadership team, including the development and execution of site strategy to lead the HSE agenda
- Build relationships, manage and influence stakeholders, to ensure they complete their requirements under the HSE Management System
- To provide site management and personnel with advice and technical support;
- To be pro-active and identify risk by implementing reduction strategies where appropriate
- Support the National SHE Manager and Site Operations Manager to build solutions, implement the SHE strategic plan & drive improved performance across the site
- Partner with the site leadership team to build the capability through effective relationship building, influencing and coaching
- Drive our “Never Walk By” culture & implement standards which ensure a safe workplace for the prevention of injuries
- Accurately monitor & report on workplace SHE performance, proactively identifying opportunities to improve through risk reduction strategies
- Ensure the injury management process is sufficiently followed for all injured employees as well as manage claims & RTW plans, reviews and guidance on actions required
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- Degree or Diploma qualified in OHS, Science, Health or equivalent (or working towards)
- Certificate IV – Trainer and Assessor (desirable)
- 5+ years proven safety experience, FMCG industry (desirable)
- Comprehensive understanding of Australian OH&S, State Workers Compensation
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to drive cultural change and development
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Strong logical, analytical and problem solving abilities
What to expect:
With operations spanning across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. This role offers valuable exposure to daily fresh, made to order production which will challenge and develop you professionally and personally.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.