Site Operations Manager - Darwin | Darwin
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Jul-2022|
- Leading FMCG organisation
- Hands on operational leadership role
- Darwin Based - Relocation Package on offer for the right candidate
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is to make everyday food better for everyone. We own a host of iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, Meadow Lea, La Famiglia and many more.
At Goodman Fielder our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food business in the region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end to end value chain when making decisions to optimize our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the Opportunity:
Due to an internal promotion, we are now looking for an influential and passionate Operations Manager to lead the team at our Darwin baking facility. This is a key role requiring a leader who will build team capability whilst also driving process excellence to be best in class. The facility manufactures and distributes some of our most trusted brands.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the Site Leadership Team to deliver the strategy and aspiration with a continuous improvement focus
- Develop people-centred culture with a focus on the growth and development of the team
- Ensure all improvement projects are geared to delivering the production, safety and quality objectives
- Develop a culture of safety and quality, implementing HSE & quality standards to ensure a safe workplace with a focus on quality, to deliver sustainable operations
- Deliver and beat financial objectives and overall site performance measures
- Set and deliver on clear expectations and goals for all members of the site team that are aligned with the objectives of the strategic plan and the sites objectives
- Develop a data-driven decision making process that is aligned to the objectives
- Lead from the front, setting safety, environmental, quality and behavioural expectations
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, food science or business management
- 3+ years in an operational leadership role
- Experience in FMCG business
- Experience with continuous high-speed processing and packaging equipment in a bakery or industrial food production environment or relevant experience in daily fresh environment
- Experience in leading Enterprise Agreement negotiations
- Proven ability to drive a positive and results oriented culture
What can we offer you?
With operations sites spanning across Australia, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. This role offers valuable insight into daily fresh, made to order production which will challenge and develop you professionally and personally.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.