Procurement Category Manager | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Aug-2022|
- Join a market leading organisation in a period of growth
- Bring your experience and passion within procurement role across indirect/direct categories
- Career progression opportunities
Goodman Fielder is a leading regional food company across Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific. We have a portfolio of iconic and trusted brands that Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week, including Helga's, Wonder White, Praise, White Wings, MeadowLea, and many more. Our vision is to be the leading and most innovative local food company, creating food that people love.
Goodman Fielder are 100% owned by Wilmar International who have over 450 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. We are currently experiencing times of change and growth with continued capital investment across our business which only means one thing – Exciting times.
About the opportunity:
Across the business, we have an exciting growth strategy which you will be a significant contributor to. We are now looking for an influential, analytical and passionate Procurement Category Manager to be based at our Head Office in Macquarie Park. You will be responsible for driving value and providing commercial expertise across the Goodman Fielder business.
We are looking for someone who understands the role a procurement manager plays in the broader business, and the ability to think outside of the box. You will also know how to leverage relationships, not only at Goodman Fielder but across the broader Wilmar Group.
You will be responsible for:
- Becoming a trusted business partner by building effective working relationships with key internal/external stakeholders
- Category management including sourcing plans, category strategies and sustainability initiatives
- Market assessment that identifies supplier market depth in region and globally, current and future market conditions, assess current & emerging market capabilities and identify the commercial requirements of suppliers
- Define the ‘go to market' strategy (public RFT, RFX, direct negotiation etc.) and sourcing objectives to secure quality of supply, and achieve consistent cost savings
- Issue RFP's, negotiate, evaluate and execute contract agreements
- Identifying synergies, best practice and standardisation opportunities
- Providing fact based analytics to support key decision making
- Providing guidance and counsel to peers and subordinates within the team
Qualifications and skills to be successful:
- Experience in a related procurement role(s)
- Experience with buying food ingredients, services (covering MRO, capital & facility services) and third party manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
- Strong project management skills involving the ability to influence, negotiate, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong prioritisation, conflict management, decision making, and research skills
- Knowledge of working in a regulatory environment, including global environmental health and safety standards preferred
What can we offer you?
With sites spanning across the Australasian region, working as part of a highly driven, commercially savvy team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
In return for your passion and success, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and help you to achieve personal and professional growth and development. At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.