Electrical Engineering Graduate | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Sep-2022|
- Develop your career in a leading FMCG company in a period of transformation
- Seeking Graduate Electrical Engineer with 1-2 years engineeing or project management experience
- Based at our Clayton Manufacturing site
At Goodman Fielder our purpose is making everyday food better for everyone. Our aspiration is to be the leading integrated food solutions business in the region. We are a team that believes that anything is possible. A team that understands our business and focuses on the right things that make the biggest difference and one that considers our end-to-end value chain when making decisions to optimise our business. We drive change as an opportunity for us to innovate and transform our business and to achieve beyond what we think is possible.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an early graduate engineer, based at our largest daily fresh site in Victoria, to play a hands-on role as we embark on a major capital project integration. This major investment will transform the Goodman Fielder operation by introducing the latest technology and automation equipment to our bakery operation.
Specifically, you will:
- Use your analytical, technical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot issues, and deliver reliability & efficiency improvements on site
- Work and collaborate with Trades, Engineering and Operations teams to help achieve site objectives
- Work with PLC systems to troubleshoot and identify process opportunities
- Assist with reviewing electrical maintenance strategies for new & existing equipment
- Co-ordinate preparation of project proposals detailing the business opportunity, justification, operational implications, timeline and costs
- Develop detailed technical specifications and incorporate into tender/contract documents
- Be involved with capital projects including planning, tracking, reporting, contractor management & cost management
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
- 1-2 years' engineering and/or project management experience
- Ability to read electrical drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong stakeholder management
- Ability to thrive and perform in periods of change, complexity and ambiguity
- Ability for travel occasionally to operating locations as necessary
- Passion for the FMCG industry and manufacturing.
What can we offer you?
With operations sites spanning across Australia, working as part of a highly driven team at Goodman Fielder, you can expect the opportunity to build your own home grown career across functions, locations and brands.
At Goodman Fielder, we aim to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer long term careers.
For more information about us or to learn about other roles available at Goodman Fielder, please visit our careers page and register your details so that we can notify you of jobs which interest you.
What are you waiting for? Apply now.