Senior Corporate Counsel | Sydney
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Aug-2022|
Goodman Fielder is Australasia's leading food company. Goodman Fielder owns iconic brands that generations of Australians have grown up with and put in their supermarket trolleys every week including Helga's, White Wings, Praise, Plantry, Meadow Lea and Pampas. We pride ourselves on being a trusted brand in over 90% of Australian homes. Our goal is to make everyday food better for everyone. In reaching that goal, we are committed to helping our people achieve their professional and personal goals while contributing to the success of a high performing team. With a focus on career development, we encourage our people to reach their full potential while also demonstrating our Goodman Fielder values.
The Goodman Fielder legal team is a close-knit, high performing, well respected team within the broader Goodman Fielder business, supporting our operations across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. This role focusses on supporting the Australian business. We take pride in partnering with our stakeholders and each member of the team plays a critical role in ensuring the success of the business providing practical commercial solutions and advice in an exciting, dynamic business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including:
- Sales agreements (retail and B2B)
- Procurement agreements (ingredients, packaging, indirects, outsourced manufacturing, services)
- Logistics (transport, warehousing, contractor delivery)
- Equipment purchase and property (capex and commissioning agreements, leases)
- General commercial agreements and requests for tender
- Supporting the property management team drafting leases, land sale and purchase and related documentation, and advising on property-related issues.
- Supporting delivery of major business projects as part of the project delivery team including business transformation initiatives
- Advising on and providing legal support to the business in relation to the resolution of disputes/litigation (including collation of evidence, assessment of legal merits). Managing litigation including instructing and managing external legal providers.
- Providing a wide range of legal support and advice to the Australian business in respect of its day to day operations,
- Providing legal support in connection with proposed business acquisitions and disposals pursued by the GF Group.
- Managing public liability claims with the support of external legal providers.
- Staying across and proactively advising stakeholders of key relevant legal developments that affect the GF business.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- At least 8-10 years PQE
- Top tier law firm experience (desirable)
- Prior secondment / in house experience (desirable)
- Strong general commercial/contract law experience
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong client / stakeholder engagement
- FMCG experience (desirable)
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply Online and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.