Customer & Category Activation Manager | Auckland
|Category:||Sales & Marketing|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Aug-2018|
Goodman Fielder New Zealand is one of the largest branded food manufacturers and suppliers in New Zealand, serving customer needs with a portfolio of iconic, trusted food brands that New Zealanders have grown up with and enjoy every day. Our excellent portfolio of consumer brands includes Vogel's, Molenberg, Freya's, Meadow Fresh, Tararua, Puhoi Valley, Edmonds and Ernest Adams.… just to name a few!
We are passionate about our iconic brands and products, and strive to be the best place to work in New Zealand. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our business and be part of our success.
As Customer & Category Activation Manager, you will act as the strategic conduit across the Grocery channel. Your primary focus will be on developing GF-wide principles for channel specific, customer specific and banner specific activation plans. You will be working with Head of Grocery, Business Manager Route Retail and National Field Sales Manager to get an effective and efficient Operating Rhythm in place.
You will own and drive the efficient and effective activation of our category and shopper strategy at a strategic level across all channels. As a leader of people you will have responsibility for the leadership and development of the Category & Activation team.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Be the key link and conduit for the Category Marketing team, Category Strategy and Shopper team and the Channel & Insights team to enable our strategy to come to life at the customer and store level
- Work closely with the Head of Category Strategy and the Head of Shopper to develop and champion the Shopper Marketing & Instore Activation
- Act as the meeting point of our customer and GF brand equity for successful programme and campaign development and execution
- Work hand in hand with the Head of Grocery and Route Retail to understand the channel and sub channel strategies and plans as well as key and national account group strategy with a view to ensuring we find mutual benefit and value through activation
- Develop a set of channel specific activation principles for each channel that can be used for all activation plans
- Develop customer specific activation principles and plans, cascade these through to banner specific planning for all and any activation
- Work hand in hand with consumer engagement teams and specialists to maximise above the line, through the line and below the line activity at a customer level
- Support, either individually or through team resource, the identified strategic priorities (Must Win Battles) and associated deliverables
- Support the Sales & Marketing functions to deliver the budgeted commercial result through the use sound category management principles & the appropriate level of customer engagement
- Contribute to the GFNZ insight strategy with areas of research or understanding which will enhance GFNZ ability to grow sustainably
- Monitor market performance and ensure the successful implementation of plans. Review market share and develop contingency plans when required with the team to align to category strategy
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in Category Management (at least 5-7 years) within an FMCG environment or similar
- Experience in using research from multiple sources to draw insights and action plans
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to use to IRI or Nielsen software
- Ability to analyse and interpret data from a range of sources & draw valid conclusions
- Ability to communicate complex information in an easily understandable manner to all levels of the business
With sites spanning across the Australasian region our employees have the opportunity to fashion their own home grown career across functions, locations and brands. Our aim is to be a destination employer in the food industry where we don't just offer jobs - we offer careers.
To learn more about this career opportunity or to apply online, please click Apply Online and you will be taken to our careers page.
Interested in other opportunities? To keep up to date with other Goodman Fielder career opportunities, set up a profile and job alert so we can notify you of any jobs which may interest you. To set-up a profile please visit our careers page www.careers.goodmanfielder.com.auand click Register to submit your details.